Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day 14

From Mom

We just came out of Jerry's room after visiting hours. They said he has moved his legs some however we saw no movement while we were there. We actually got to see our neurosurgeon and the other doctor who takes care of all his other functions. The neurosurgeon said possibly Jerry has his nights and days mixed up and may wake up later today. He says it is still early so not be discouraged.

Today both eyes are infected . They said it could be from the swelling still and from the dryness due to his infrequent blinking. Please remember this in your prayers. The doctors said his chest x-ray looked better We know that we will have ups and downs and are leaning on the Lord for encouragement.

I just wanted to list a few things that have helped us and I know I can't even remember them all. It has been years since we have sung

Nothing is Impossible
when you put your trust in God
Nothing is impossible
when you're trusting in His word.
Hearken to the voice of God to thee.
Is there anything too hard for thee?
Then PUT YOUR TRUST IN GOD ALONE
AND LEAN UPON HIS WORD--
for everything, everything, yes everything is possible with God.

I woke up probably the 3rd morning and sang that to Brent and it meant so much to us. We felt the Lord had put that in my heart. One particular song that we sing nearly every day is

I will sing praise
I will lift my voice
I will sing praise
I'VE MADE MY CHOICE
I will sing praise in all I do
I will trust in YOU.

No matter the storms that come my way
No matter the trials I may face,
YOU'VE promisled that YOU will see me through.
I will trust in YOU

We've been encouraged by reading the Psalms, Romans 8, much of Corinthians, Ephesians and many more passages. So many of God's promises seem to leap off the page to us and they are so encouraging. Also just knowing who He is. Our Great Physician, our Comforter, our Rock , our High Tower, our Peace, our Joy, our Hope, and many more things we can't begin to list. We know that God is seldom early but never late and we're holding on to that.

When we sing the Old Hymns the words just go deep down to comfort in a way nothing else can. They are much easier to remember than some of the newer songs today.We love the old chorus He's everything to me and it says it all.

My brother Bob came and sang with us and we really enjoyed that. Everyday we have had some form of encouragement: songs, scriptures, a word from someone telling of others who have gone through similar things. But of course one very precious thing is calls and visits from dear friends who all tell us they are praying for us and that is the MOST IMPORTANT thing. We know that the LORD hears and is answering. We feel an lncredible peace that is from Him alone.

We love you all!

Lucy Beth

Some trust in horses and some in chariots but we will trust in the name of our Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so glad to hear of any improvement in Jerry, and we know that God is working on him. We love you all and we are continuing to pray for all of you.
Rex, Connie, and Amy Cumpton

Anonymous said...

Lucy Beth, I praying for Jerry and for each of you as you go through this tough time. May God bless each of you with His presence and strength. Hugs to each of you.