Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Lord Sustains!

From Mom:

I just want everyone to know how very much we appreciate the comments from you. I want everyone to know how much you can depend on the LORD JESUS CHRIST to sustain you in times of trouble. From the beginning we knew that this is a walk of faith and not of sight.

One of the first songs the Lord impressed upon us was Dennis Jernigan's song When the Night is Falling paying particular attention to the chorus.
How I love you child I love you.
How I love you child I love you,
How I love you.
This song ran over and over through the first and second day assuring us once again of His unfailing love for us. Then we remembered how God has us in our hand and Jesus has us in His hand and nothing can touch us unless it is filtered through those hands of love.

I can't tell you right now all the times the lORD has encouraged us but it has been every day and just at the right time. Every time we go into Jerry's room Brent and I sing songs to the Lord and read many of His precious promises to us and pray over him. We actually get excited and have an overwhelming sense of peace that passes understanding. We can truly say that we are thankful for this time in our lives because we have come to know the Lord in a way we have never known Him before and the songs we are singing go deep into our souls to minister to us and encourage us.

Psalm 41:3 is just one of the verses He has given us as a personal encouragement.Love in Christ to all who read this We can't begin to thank those of you who have called or come to see us and we love you.

Lucy Beth Hinkle

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is great to have this blog to keep up with Jerry's progress and to know how to pray specifically. We are praying regularly and I'm missing Jerry around here. Thanks for updating us and God Bless Ya'll!

Kevin Welch

Anonymous said...

That's one of my favorite songs, too, Lucy Beth. I have it on a CD, and I tear up everytime I hear it. God really does become real in a way we've never imagined when we walk through such difficult times in our lives. Praise God for that hope and assurance of his love and care. We are continuing to pray for Jerry and all of you.

Susan & Arden

Anonymous said...

Lucy Beth and Family-
I continue to be blessed and strengthened by YOUR Faith and Love of God. May God continue to bless Jerry and your family and reward him and all of you you for your faithfullness! May all that is done be to the Glory Of God!!!
Dusty

Anonymous said...

We are praying and are right around the corner if you need anything. God is faithful!

Allison Johnston said...

Please know that we are praying for all of you. If there is anything we can do for you here, please, please let us.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Lucy Beth: Just wanted you to know that I am keeping you and Jerry in my prayers. I miss seeing the both of you on your walks in the neighborhood.
I'll be delighted to do any errands that you might need. Please just call!

May God bless you with His peace and strength in the days ahead.
Becky Riethmayer